Thursday 28 April 2016

Murukku Cheese Sandwich : Wait what?


Side view of the murukku cheese sandwich. 

I was in Chennai recently and when I asked the locals about the famous street foods here.

There was one thing I came up with that I've never seen or eaten anywhere else(so far) . That's the murukku cheese sandwich.

I know , the name is bizarre!!

And I'm sure most of you reading this haven't heard of it before.

As you can guess this dish is a mix of western and Indian food culture. The "murukku" in it is a typican Tamil food and the way it is served as a sandwich is pretty westernized, plus those cheese fragments add more exotic touch to it. If you ask me how it tastes , let me tell you it's wayyy tooo amazing.

It's rare. It's different. And obviously it tastes great.

The mint chutney gives you a sharp yet spicy taste(actually cheese nullifies that effect). So if you ask a person who is not used to sharply spicy dishes( pickles for example) , that person wouldn't be much impressed about it.

Lemme come again , I loove this thing sooo much.
                                                           

                                                               The making:
As you can see, there would be a first layer of murruku(not shown in pic) above which a layer of  onions and tomatoes come, some add cucumber along with it. The third layer is cheese gratings and above which the spicy mint chutney is added and the final layer of murruku is placed over it. And yes it's ready. People should try this at home and tell me how it went.
                   
The taste :
You pick the first and last murukku and eat it. Everything else will fall in place.This dish has a spicy,sour,cheesy taste. These combine to make your tastebuds thank you for eating it. As I said spice lovers would love it. And beware of cheese gratings sticking out of your mouth while eating. Duh.


PS: This post is intentionally made short.


No comments:

Post a Comment