Thursday 19 March 2015

The HOT Greens - Keera vadai

KEERA VADAI :

Welcome people!!
In my last post I blogged about jigarthanda , a sweet drink from Madurai.
This time I've come up with the exact opposite , "keera vadai" it is a spicy hot bite.
It is made from a variety of leaves called "mullumurungai" (Prickly amaranth).
As a kid I was never able to pronounce that complicated word , I always used to call it "green vada" (My sister still does that) .
It is far tastier than the tradition medhu vada , no offence medhu vada fans , that's just my opinion.
So let's go for the recipe.
This man makes up to 3,500 vadas a day.!!

Expert's recipe :
                          It's quite simple , just four ingredients that make up the batter , The greens I mentioned above , black pepper , rice flour and a few local herbs (optional) .
All the ingredients are ground together and mixed.
It is patted in a flat surface and deep fired.It is then seasoned with , ground gram dhal and spices.
And there you have the spicy , hot , tasty vadai..!
Just fry this batter , that's all.!!


What's so special about it :
                                      This dish is one of a kind , You wouldn't have tasted before.
Seriously people, trust me you do have to taste it , there is simply no other food that tastes like this. It ain't got a twin.
Plus , the guy who made those said me it's ingredients have a very positive effect on your health. It has been said to cure cold , dry cough , etc . You can now give that excuse to yourself to go eat dozens of this thing.!!
The fully ready vadas.!!


The wallet saver :
                        God..!! This dish tastes waaay tooo good and it is waay tooo cheap too. It is just three rupees per vada..!! Yeah you read that right just three rupees..!
This seems to be the best bite from every angle doesn't it.??

The places they are available :
                                                 In Madurai it is available in the Anna nagar region , on the 80 feet road.
 And if you want to go a bit deep inside , in the interior regions you can find tonnz and tonnz of such shops , specially in the Thirumalai nayakar mahal region..!!

They are hot and spicy.! Hotter than Ian and Russel together





4 comments:

  1. Whats ur next blog??
    Eagerly waitin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know soon after I figure it out , shibi..!

      Delete
  2. What about that kappa chips (tapioca)??
    Jus my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've planed to do those some other time ;) :)

      Delete